The first thing I did (don't laugh) was to start on an Easter Card (yes.... Easter in October) - it's an idea I had for a good friend. I started the iris folded cross in two colours and am pleased at how it has turned out - the next thing I'm going to do is make various wee paper flowers to kind of drape over it as though they are dangled from the left side as though they are going over the back to the right and then draped down the front to the bottom where it will look like a pool of Easter coloured flowers - well that's the plan anyway.
I've been messing about a bit with acetate this week and thought I would try something with my daughter's 18th birthday card - It is an 8" square card and the topper is a decoupaged rose on nice background paper and acetate wrapped around it to make a kind of dome around it and I wrote on it with a calligraphy pen - I will have to try and improve my 'fancy' writing! I went mad with ribbons and gems but I was happy with the finished product - I had a bit of trouble with the sticky pads that lifted the topper from the main card but after hours of it lifting up and curling over I discovered that if I put silicone gel glue on and weighted it until it dried it was ok - so a lesson was learnt through trial and error.
I hope that everyone who reads this has a good week..........until the next time